Standing With You Through Your Personal Injury Claim
When the negligent or intentional actions of another cause you injury, you may find the complex claims process frustrating. Insurance companies often deny claims or attempt low-ball offers intended to settle the claim for as little as possible. You don’t have to face this process alone. You need a firm willing to stand up to the insurance companies and fight on your behalf.
At Conrad/Wood Law, our attorneys are not afraid to push for the compensation you deserve. We are trial attorneys, not afraid to take your case to court when the insurance company fails to make a suitable offer.
Understanding The Claims Available To You
Most of our personal injury cases are the results of car accidents, though we do represent other types of personal injury claims. Clients often come to us with little knowledge of the claims available to them after an accident. We will review the circumstances of your case and determine which claims may apply. Options may include:
- Medical costs – Recovering the costs of your medical care from the other driver’s insurance, including costs for ongoing and future medical care
- Lost wages and benefits – Compensation for missing work or if you cannot return to work
- Property loss – Damage to your vehicle and another personal property
- Pain and suffering – Physical and mental suffering, as well as negligent infliction of emotional distress
- Loss of consortium – Your spouse or family’s loss of your ability to take care of the family
- Dram shop claims – Liability of establishment that provided alcohol to the driver if drunk driving was a factor
In some cases, the other driver’s insurance does not completely cover your claim, or the other driver has no insurance. In such cases, we may pursue an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim against your own insurance company. This is additional coverage you choose to purchase through your insurance company, however, and is not automatically applied to your policy.
The attorneys at Conrad/Wood Law are here to help you recover the damages you deserve after your accident. Let us take on the legal challenges of the claims process, so you can focus on your health.